Independent Business Development Manager
to join our team from the USA, UK, France, Germany, Spain or Italy
As part of the Titanium Development Team, the New Business Development Manager will identify, target and secure new growth opportunities with new OEM, Tier1 or Tier2 partnerships, capture business opportunities with customers and markets not currently served by the Munich HQ business unit. This role will need to closely coordinate with current Sales Managers, technical experts and the marketing group. You will assess & analyze potential and existing markets to build a new business growth strategy for the Titanium Products, and with support from the commercial and operations team, will manage the delivery of the new business development strategy. Tactical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing sales strategies, developing and coordinating commercial agreements, developing and implementing business partnership proposals, and risk assessment of identified opportunities.
- Partner closely with OEM’s to convert current material supply choices;
- Negotiation with new customers on products, pricing and the overall development process;
- Develop and manage relationships within the Aerospace, Automotive or Medical OEMs to build and execute current and future new business development plans;
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with key decision makers within potential clients and partners;
- Work closely as the main liaison between the customer and Hermith to develop customer specific solutions to meet their unique requirements. This includes providing important market and customer feedback for product improvements and development;
- Manage customer relationships through the entire development cycle. Coordinate the implementation of LTA with target OEMs, Tier1 or Tier2. This includes commercial terms, pricing, product configurations and risk assessment, negotiating and submitting proposals in accordance with company procedures;
- Providing regular account summary reports to Global account manager;
- Remain current on industry trends, product applications, market activities and competitive products;
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in similar business development positions, closely working for/with an industry leader in the metals industry;
- Proven track record of earlier successes in the sales and marketing functions with a strong customer orientation;
- Skilled in Negotiation, Sales, Sales Operations, and Sales Management;
- Exceptional execution and influencing skills necessary to deliver customer and market plans;
- Experienced in contract negotiation and transaction business to OEM’s and distributors who support aerospace, medical and automotive industry.
- Proven ability to establish customer contract strategies and then successfully negotiate a contract;
- Knowledge of Titanium industry (or similar), strong technical knowledge;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and personality, strongly self – driven and motivated;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Open to travel about 20% – 30%.
The ideal candidate will have experience of selling Aerospace or High Value Metals such as Titanium, Aluminum, Stainless Steel or Nickel Alloys, alternatively experience of selling Value Added Services such as Machining, Cutting, Forgings, Castings or Machined Components or experience of selling other Engineered Products into the Aerospace sector to work across the US, UK and Internationally.
You get the opportunity to work in a dynamic and international work environment, to apply your ideas and contribute to our success story. You can expect a highly motivated team and a performance-oriented salary. Your time would be spent with maximum efficiency as our team can supply you with accurate prospect lists or you can choose your own targets following the provided ICP. Our incentive model is based entirely on commissions. You can work at your own pace knowing that working hard will pay off.
Tell us why you fit the bill!
Send your CV at hr @ hermith.com and a brief covering email to explain why you would be perfect for this job.